Please note price increases as of T4 – 2019 due to manufacturing cost increase and GST requirements.
At Marian, the uniform is a symbol of the College and a public declaration of its values, standards and beliefs. It creates a sense of collective pride and demonstrates equality and mutual respect amongst students. Full College uniform is to be worn correctly to and from the College, during the school day and to any arranged events, unless parents have been notified otherwise by an official College letter.
Students out of full uniform are expected to have a written note from a parent, which is to be presented to and signed by the Homeroom teacher.
For practical Physical Education lessons and other sporting activities, the official sports uniform is to be worn. Students, who do not have correct sports uniform, wear the College uniform to and from school and change for the appropriate activity.
The School uniform shop is open:
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 8:30am to 1:00pm
and can provide all the student’s requirements regarding their uniform. A uniform price list is available at the uniform shop or the College Office.
Students in Years 7-10
Students in Years 11 and 12
Physical Education Uniform
For safety reasons, jewellery is not to be worn, with the exception of a watch, sleepers or small studs (two per ear), signet ring and short neck chain. Bracelets, facial piercings and chunky jewellery pose an OH&S risk and, therefore, are not to be worn.
For safety reasons, fully enclosed black polishable leather school shoes are to be worn at all times. Slip-on or canvas shoes are not safe nor appropriate, especially for sport and practical classes and, therefore, are not allowed at MCC.
HATS and SCARVES
The maroon College cap or broad brimmed hat should be worn. In winter, the College beanie may only be worn with the sports uniform. Hat and sunscreen are compulsory for practical PDHPE classes and representative sport activities in Term 1 and 4. Maroon College scarves may only be worn in Terms 2 and 3.
- Make-up is not permitted. Nail polish, other than clear, is not permitted. Any acrylic nails must be in a natural colour.
- Hair colour is to be close to natural; extremes of cut or style are not permitted. Hair is to be neatly presented, away from the face. Any hair ties or head bands are to functional, rather than decorative, and to be College colours (white, gold, maroon, blue, black or white).
- Boys’ facial hair is to be clean shaven.
- Girls’ dresses and skirts are to be below knee length.
- Ties are expected to be worn up to and covering the top button of the shirt.
- Belts should be black or dark brown.
- Non-uniform garments (such as T-shirts, singlets, boxer shorts and/or leggings) are not to be visible.
- Some Key Learning Areas (subjects) have special requirements concerning dress, e.g. aprons or uniforms for Technological and Applied Studies; long hair tied back for PDHPE, Science, Design and Technology and Visual Arts. These regulations must be followed.